Do you feel you engage your employees enough? Do you know their goals and dreams? Do you know what energizes them? Do you know what deflates them?
Employees who are not engaged enough by their employers may not invest in a long-term relationship with their employer. They may feel undervalued and look for opportunities elsewhere.
The good news is, it’s easy to engage your employees!
Tips for effective engagement:
- Connect with them
- Build a relationship and get to know your employees. What are their goals and dreams? What do they struggle with? Who are they as individuals?
- Give them opportunities to build their career
- Find out what other areas of the business they are interested in getting involved in, and help them find ways to contribute. You may find they become more valuable to your business when they do things they enjoy.
- Communicate a clear vision
- If the organization’s vision is to provide the best possible experience for it’s clients, then make it obvious to your employees.
- Empower them
- Let your employees take the wheel more often. Giving them opportunities to have their input valued will allow them to soar.
- Recognize them
- Your employees can’t read their mind. If you think they are doing a good job, make sure you tell them.
- Encourage collaboration
- Create an environment that allows open collaboration. The more walls that surround your employees, the more likely they will keep to themselves.
When you engage your employees more, they are more likely to be happier, more productive, and stay with your company. That’s a real Win-Win!