Are you setting goals? Are you dreaming about your future? Without goals, how do you know where you are going? It’s important to set goals, because goals help you start dreaming again. Use these tips to help yourself start the goal setting process:
- Listen to your soul (know what you want)
- Your inner soul will help guide you to that place that will make you the happiest. Really listen to the voice inside you and learn what you want.
- Create a dream inventory
- Create a list of things you want to accomplish. Fill the list with big dreams, little dreams, any dreams. This will help you identify what steps you need to take next.
- Set S.M.A.R.T. Goals
- S.M.A.R.T. Goals are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-Bound. It’s important to incorporate this into your goal setting so you can hold yourself accountable.
- Develop your road map
- How are you going to get from point A to point B? Start developing your plan, or road map, to help you get there.
- Be flexible and adaptable
- The journey from point A to point B will never be a straight line. There are bumps and curves to teach us lessons and help us grow. It’s important to learn how to embrace them.
Dreaming is an important part of living; if you don’t dream, you are not likely to get where you really want to be.